Tuesday, September 23, 2008

National Conference on Media Reform with Bill Moyers



The National Conference on Media Reform is a grassroots movement which asks everyone including 'you' as an individual to get involved, and spread the word.

It not only asks for a truly democratic, and moral approach to integrity in mainstream journalistic practices, but also raises the question of Internet Neutrality, and is in a current fight in wrestling away continual attempts by big business to control the information highway, which currently is the last bastion of free speech we have!

So, get involved before true freedom is gone!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Thank you so much for posting this brilliant speech. I feel inspired with hope and purpose. I admire Moyers, and I hope this reform will pick up speed. Do you know when this conference was?

I linked you over at huffing, BTW.

John Ackerson said...

Ruth - I think this took place in 2007. Found it on youtube after watching Miachel Copps? speak on 2008 National Convention of Media Reform.

There's been more recent conventions, and speeches in 2008, but I thought this one as you already mentioned was well done!

BTW- previously due to human error on my part, my 'add a link' button is back in working condition, and I've also added your Huffing site to my list of 'worthwhile places.'

Ruth said...

Oh thanks for that! What I meant about the link was that I liked this post in my post today. :)